The College of Health and Human Services is pleased to present the 2017 edition of its Faculty Research Profiles. President Joseph I. Castro recently introduced his Strategic Plan to the University, encompassing a mission to boldly educate and empower students for success. This could not be possible without a talented and dedicated faculty willing to enhance learning and teaching through best practices, innovative research and high-impact experiences, as well as the capable staff that support these initiatives.
In our booklet, we also share some exciting pride points for the college, like:
- With 4,752 students, we award more degrees than any other college at Fresno State
- The 250 faculty members in our college represent 17% of the total faculty at the University
- Our students completed 27,850 service-learning and community service hours
- The cumulative G.P.A. for our master’s and doctoral students is 3.74
- CHHS students encompass 18% of the entire student body at Fresno State
- 70% of our incoming freshman are the first in their families to go to college
In addition, each of the faculty and directors from our seven academic disciplines, as well as centers and institutes, possess a great passion for their field of study. Through these profiles, we hope to encourage interprofessional collaboration and engaged partnerships, as well as an increased awareness of the faculty expertise within our college. This will allow faculty to pave the way for students to connect to service-learning opportunities, internships and community-based research.
While each of our academic disciplines, centers and institutes are unique, we all share a common commitment to Live Well Central California by educating our future health and human service leaders!
– Dr. Jody Hironaka-Juteau, Dean