Tomorrow will mark the the return of Fresno State’s Community Health Mobile Unit, as it makes its latest stop at the Faith Community Church of the Nazarene (430 Peach Ave, Clovis 93612). This is just the first of 15 scheduled stops during the fall semester.
The Community Health Mobile Unit provides free health services to underserved communities and rural areas within Fresno County . A few services the mobile unit provides include: health assessments, diabetes testing, blood pressure screenings and flu shots.
Students majoring in nursing, athletic training and dietetics provide the services, under the supervision of faculty and nursing professionals. The mobile unit not only helps the community, but also gives students the opportunity to gain real life clinical experience.
Last semester, the mobile unit made 20 stops in Fresno County and treated 812 patients.
Fall 2018 Schedule (dates and times are subject to change):
- Sept. 22 (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.), Faith Community Church of the Nazarene, 430 Peach Ave*
- Sept. 25 (5 – 7 p.m.), Pinedale Community Center, 7170 N San Pablo Ave.
- Oct. 4 (8 a.m. – 12 p.m.), Firebaugh Rodeo Grounds, 1655 13th Street, Firebaugh
- Oct. 9 (4 – 6:30 p.m.), Dinuba Annual Health Fair, 340 E. Kern St., Dinuba
- Oct. 11 (9 a.m. – 1p.m.), Assemblymember Dr. Joaquin Arambula Community Resource Fair, Kerckhoff Park, 15061 West G Street Kerman
- Oct. 13 (Time TBD), Mexican Consulate’s Keep Healthy Event, 7435 N. Ingram*
- Oct. 18 (9 a.m. – 1p.m.), Poverello House, 412 F Street, Fresno
- Oct. 21 (Time TBD), Fresno Fairgrounds *
- Oct. 23 (8 a.m. – 12 p.m.), Riverdale’s Lanare Community Center, 20620 S. Grantland, Riverdale
- Oct. 25 (9 a.m.- 1 p.m.) Assemblymember Dr. Joaquin Arambula Community Resource Fair, Lincoln Park (McCall & Rose St.), Selma
- Nov. 1 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.) Assemblymember Dr. Joaquin Arambula Community Resource Fair – CALWA Rec & Park Dist. Hall, 4545 E. Church Ave, Fresno
- Nov. 3 (9 a.m.- 1 p.m.) Assemblymember Dr. Joaquin Arambula Community Resource Fair, Maxie Parks Community Center (1802 E. California Ave. Fresno)
- Nov. 15 (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.), Madera House of Hope, 117 N. R Street
- Nov. 17 (8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.), Woodward Baptist, 1801 E. Teague, Fresno
*Health on Wheels. Services by nursing, athletic training, and dietetic students are on these dates only.
-Written by Jason Duong, Communication and Multimedia Student Assistant