Ah, the dreaded flu season is officially upon us – but you don’t have to let it get in the way of your fall activities and of course, your academics. The Student Health & Counseling Center is hosting Flu Shot Clinics Nov. 5th and 6th from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. in the Vintage Room (located in the University Center behind Taco Bell). Flu shots are free to all Fresno State students! The always fantastic and hardworking students enrolled in our School of Nursing program will once again be performing the immunization shots for their fellow Bulldogs.
Don’t let the flu keep you down. Here are some helpful tips to keep yourself healthy this flu season:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer, especially after touching common surfaces (door knobs, handrails, etc)
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing with either a tissue or shirt sleeve
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, ears, nose or mouth
- Avoid contact with people that are sick or have the flu themselves
- Give yourself plenty of rest
For more information on the flu shot clinics, please contact Wendy Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org.